viernes, 14 de mayo de 2010

The start of an obsession....(by Cristofer Sánchez)

...To dicover the space beyond the earth and our solar system

It all started when I was a little boy ( 4-6 years old). I really liked looking at the sky at night and I used to ask my parents about the shiny points in the vast night sky in my little village, and they only said to me “those shiny points in sky are only stars”, and that answer was not sufficient for me.

Night after night I used to look at the stars and the moon, asking myself what the stars could be, and I started to ask my school mates and teachers “what are the stars?” One of my best teachers told me something that was quite interesting for me.

He said: “The stars are suns, comets, galaxies, solar systems and other kind of things I don’t know”...
That awoke inside of me a really ambitious feeling, “to know what those stars were in reality and what they were doing up there in the dark sky”.

Sometime after, my parents gave me a birthday present, a present which I still have, my first Astronomy book. With that book I learnt all about “stars” , and I could understand where I live, where our planet, the earth, was located , and lots of things about our solar system. I also learnt about galaxies, other solar systems, planets, suns, nebulae (or nebulas), comets, and so on.

And that ambitious curiosity was the reason why I am still interested in the space and the

galaxies and I can feel I am still a curious boy who wants to know everything about outer space...
Like observing the moon and all the mysterious things connected to it...

An obsession I would like to satisfy now and in the future...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario