lunes, 3 de mayo de 2010

A Narrative (Diego Rosso)

Travelling around
In December 2000 when I was 9 yars old my parents decided to move to the mainland, more exactly in Malaga. Of course I wasn't happy and I didn't agree with that idea, (which boy or girl would do it?) I didn't want to lose contact with my friends and start a new life in Malaga, I was very happy in Majorca. All my reasons to stay in Majorca weren't enough to change my parents plans.

So that winter we took a ship to Valencia and then we went all the way to Malaga by car. We stayed in an old house (it was a creepy house at the beggining but I get used to), I went to a new school, I made new friends but I was still missing my "real" friends. I didn't like Malaga, I was only thinking about going back to Mallorca one day but my parents didn't seem to be thinking of going back to the island. So I stayed in Malaga for 3 months and then suddenly my parents told me that they were tired of Malaga and they told me that we were going to move to Valencia, I just thought that my parents were crazy going here and there for no reason.

Anyway, we headed all the way back to Valencia by car, it was a really long trip by car so we stayed one night in a little apartment (the same happened when we moved to Malaga). It's funny because we stayed in Valencia for 3 months as well, I started to go to a new school one more time, new friends, new places to vist but still I was bored of being there.
I didn't want to leave Majorca and I was forced to leave it, and I was tired of going here and there for no reason and then suddenly my parents told me they were bored of Valencia and I tought *ironic voice* "cool, I'm going to go to a new place for 3 months, make friends ,get to know the new place and ... leave. Cool isn't it?".

But happy news arrived to my ears, "we are going back to Majorca", at first I didn't pay attention to what was going on but then I noticed that it was true and I was very very happy. We went back to Majorca and that must have been one of the happiest day of my life: when I went back to school the day after we arrived to Majorca, all my friends gave a wonderful welcome and I'm still here in Majorca, thinking how my life would have been if I wouldn't come back to Majorca that day.

1 comentario:

  1. Thank you for your last writing...(have a look at a few corrections)
    and thank you for sharing your opinion about the "learning by doing" you tube interview...
    Linis

    ResponderEliminar