viernes, 14 de mayo de 2010

A description of a place (by Cristofer Sánchez)

The place I’m going to describe is my old little village in Salamanca, which is called Gallegos de Argañán .
I lived there the ten first years of my life.
Gallegos de Argañán is located at 120km of Salamanca.

It is a small town with nearly over 300 people which are living now in the town, but in the past where living over 1000 people or more (in a period of time aprox. 1800-1900 and since then, the number of people has been decreasing). I don’t know very well the real data.

In general is a small town surrounded by land, which is used to feed the animals, the farmers plow the land, they plant seeds and they grow vegetables which are later sold in the market.

You can see my village in the photos below.




It is located in a big valley, surrounded by hills and in the distance there are also high mountains. In the mornings and evenings, you can breathe some fresh air coming from the mountains. I really like that fresh air, it's the best time for walking or doing sport, because in summer the rest of the day is really dry-hot weather and its unhealthy to walk in those conditions and more if you have sensitive skin and eyes xD.

I like to travel to my little village in summer, because it is a peaceful place to relax and to disconnect from everuthing, and also to see my grandparents and uncles who live there. Another reason why I like going there is that I remember great things I lived when I was a child.

While I am writing this a memory has just come to my mind: when I was little boy, in the first days of May it started to snow, IN MAY!!, and it settled for a few hours.
It was a very strange day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario